Saturday, April 24, 2010

Results of the Longarm Road Trip and more



Here is last weeks focus project. A UFO transformed to a top! Complete with a scrappy binding. I need to come up with the backing. The border is flat but, I was too lazy to press it before the pic! LOL!

The Trip

We had soo much fun!

First, we checked out what Handi Quilter had to offer.

The HQ Sixteen and the HQ Eighteen Avante. If my budget and space would allow ...I would have bought the Avante.She is fourteen feet long.Lots of bells and whistles! When we were told the price...I think hubby was in shock! LOL

I just chuckled to myself...He hasn't seen a Gammill yet!

Then after a quick lunch we headed to Leicester, NY. I knew this stop would be more in the budget.Keep in mind.. I already have a Proflex Frame that is less than a year old.Mama just wants more quilt area. She is tired of having to advance the quilt every 4.5 inches.

We arrived at Bailey's. I wanted to see this Home Quilter.Chuck and his sons build these. We test drove the 13 inch.It seemed very sturdy. The machine also comes in a 15 inch and 17inch.

We went home and mulled over our options. After alot of debating..I called Chuck and ordered the 17 inch. Wahoo! Now, mama will have at least 12 inches of quilting space!
I hope to have it by Mothers Day!

You can check out the Machine HERE.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

4 comments:

Allie said...

Beautiful quilt - and WAAAAAHOOOO on your new machine!!!! I can't wait to see pics of it!

Amy said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo
{{squeeling with delight}}
I can't WAIT to see your new lady!!! I'm holding back kicking myself about not going bigger than the Juki98's 9" throat, but....all in due time.

Are you going to whip out a special project for the first Bailey stitches???

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on ordering your new quilting machine. Imagine all the fun you'll have with that big open space for quilting! You'll be able to quilt all your tops in no time at all. How long until your new "baby" arrives?

Gypsy Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing what fun you have with your new machine!