Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back to my Roots



We have "Breakfast with the Bassets" coming up in May. It is the first official event of the season for ABC Basset Hound Rescue. A very low key get together happening at various locations all around NY state. Coffee, Donuts, and Bassets..Fun!

Rather than charge for this event, they are asking each family to bring a gift basket which they will use at a future events for Chinese Auctions.

After some thought, I decided our family would donate a "Barbie Basket." I do appologize for my Barbies with No clothes. I won't be donating these dolls.They are from the mid 70's. I am just using them to fit the clothes, I am making. I haven't made clothes for a long time. So, this should be fun. I did make clothes for these exact dolls when I was a little girl. They are rubber with bendable joints. The hair is different than todays Barbie.

I am adding the final border to this weeks focus project. (See previous post.) I have the binding completed. "Freddy the Frame" better be ready! LOL

Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I thought of you this morning when I was driving down the street and saw a couple walking FOUR basset hounds - it was hilarious. The dogs were all very well fed and lumbering along with their people :)