Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Reminder

My machine is back in working order. Dr Carl fixed him on Saturday, while I waited.

A BIG huge thanks to Dr Carl, the CSI of sewing machines.

He asked me when was the last time I oiled it? My face must have said it all. Never was my response. Your suppose to oil this machine every 8 sewing hours. oops!

My hubby figured , I am only 500 hours behind. Yikes! Thanks to him! I brush it out and change the needle on a regular basis. Oh well, a lesson learned.

I think, I will oil all machines on Sunday and Wednesday from now on. I have missed the auto thread cutter, needle down position, and other handy features.

My serger has also been oil deprived. Yikes! Is that why they were louder than I remember? Maybe? **giggle**

I had better go do that now.

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

Glad you're machine is back in working order. I have a Janome and am still amazed that they say NOT to oil it. I do put a drop of oil in the bobbin case every so often though.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Holy Smoking Machine due to lack of oiling...I never oil mine either. Dad gum. Where do you oil it? Just squirt something in there or what? Doh.

Julie said...

Sounds like what the mechanics said about my Honda van last week. What? You have to put oil in them? Hmmmm...

sue14625 said...

OOPS WHAT WOULD GRANDMA SAY THERE GIRL LOL

Beverly said...

Lori, I can't wait to see what you make. I can't hit a lick when it comes to sewing. It is all Greek to me. I'll have to hang out with Miss Elly while you are being creative.

Julie said...

Oops, I thought I left you a comment! LOL. So glad you have your machine back. I would have panic attacks without mine.