As promised... here is the recipe for cabbage rolls known as "Gotompki".
1 lb hamburg
1 small cabbage
Parsley Flakes (we think about a teaspoon)
1 cup rice cooked
Spry (which is Crisco/shortening)
salt and pepper
1) Cook cabbage in water about 20 minutes. Drain and leaf off.
2) Cook rice.
3) Fry onions in spry til soft.
4) Mix RAW hamburg, rice, onions, and parsley flakes. Add a little salt and pepper.
5) Place mixture in cabbage leaves and roll. Place rolls in a 9 x 11 " pan.
6) Dot cabbage rolls with 3 tablespoons of spry.
7) Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pan. Cover with Aluminum Foil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours.
At our house, we ate them with ketchup.Spaghetti sauce would be good too. I hope this recipe is easy to understand. There were NO measurements. Mom and I just guessed at it from memory.
Bath Time Photos -Some like it while others are horrified!